Another run at TicTacToe!

wooden puzzle game

My new tool box came on a wooden pallet. It seems like nice wood (not pine or spruce). So I’ve been using it for testing and experimentation.

I cooked up the design in Sketchup and then used MeshCAM to generate the tool paths (g-code).

I was in two minds about using a ball nose or an ordinary end mill. I went with the endmill. I need to study the MeshCAM system more and figure out how to change endmill in the middle of a job without throwing my Z axis out.

Everything came out pretty good.

I initially wanted to have little bowls as indents so the game could be played with marbles. But Sketchup was barfing on that. So I just made everything flat bottom.

Once I get a tool that can manage the curves better I’ll try harder ant getting good curves with MeshCAM. I’ll actually use a ball nose and see if I can increase the passes or something to make it smooth.


2 thoughts on “Another run at TicTacToe!

  1. You’d probably be best off if you put the Z zero on the bottom of the stock since that’s the one thing that won’t change in the setup you have. To do that you might want to clamp down the stock on top of a sheet of MDF that sticks out from the stock a little. When you change the tool, just rezero it by touching it off on the MDF. There are more elegant methods but that’s the quick-and-easy way.

    Robert

Comments are closed.