I finally got the spindle controller going for my Chinese mill.
I did a test run to make a coaster for a bottle of Tuborg I had in the fridge.
The mill ran very nicely. But the job was disastrous.
1) I was cutting to aggressively so the workpiece lifted up.
2) The plastic kept forming into a ball on the endmill and interfering with the work.
3) Balls of plastic were accumulating on the endmill and flinging off.
4) I think the workpiece moved.
5) I broke two endmills because of stuff that’s so dumb I don’t want to say.