I wiped up some disks on Sketchup and then cut them out on CNC mill.
I glued them together using craft glue.
I used an 1/8th inch shaft dremel bit as a guide.
The steppers have a 1/8th” shaft (with a flat). So I figured if I made 1/8″ hole in the spool I could put them on with loctite.
I can’t figure out another way than to “glue” the spool onto the shaft.
It seems like a good idea to have the spool directly on the shaft of the stepper assembly as well.
I made the spool diameter 1″ and the walls 2″. That makes the circumference 3.141565″ or so.
I used 8 disks to make each spool.
One concern I have is that the steppers seem to get quite warm. I guess I need to make sure I have the right loctite. I have three kids. Silly company numbers their products rather than describes the differences. I suppose if I google the numbers I can figure out which one to use.
- Fireworks with Nikon point and shoot
- Drawbot hangar