Category Archive: Community

Lets Talk Art

Lets Talk Art

Lets Talk Art (2nd Thursday of every Month) March 8th 7- 8 pm (will start at 7 pm sharp) This Months Artists: Tick Tock Tom and Michele …

New Works at Atomic Rooster

New Works at Atomic Rooster

Doll and Dens are graffiti artists. Blog this! Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share on …

Paint It Up! Program applications are now available

Paint It Up! Program applications are now available

I was thinking of doing some drawing robots with the children of this program. Emily Daniels and I are talking about this. If anybody else …

Phil Delisle, Sharon Katz, Michael Markowsky, Natasha Mazurka & Duane Slick

Phil Delisle, Sharon Katz, Michael Markowsky, Natasha Mazurka & Duane Slick

Opening Reception: March 2 at 7pm (tonight!) Admission is free and Open to All! Painting – the act and the physical work – can create slippages between …

Presentation on drawing robots and open source and stuff

Presentation on drawing robots and open source and stuff

The presentation I did for the Linux group came out nice. Everybody seemed to be very interested in the various aspects. And Richard Guy Briggs …

Maker Faire Editor’s Choice Blue Ribbon

Maker Faire Editor’s Choice Blue Ribbon

Wohoo, my Squirrel Model Airplane project made the blue ribbon list for Makerfaires. Blog this! Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share on FriendFeed Share …

ModLab Logo

ModLab Logo

I’m not sure what the status of the Logo Project is but I was just thinking about it. I was thinking that the flame is …

Dr. Sketchy

Dr. Sketchy

MON, FEBRUARY 27, 2012 • 7:00PM – DR. SKETCHY! WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE? Monday, 27 February $10 at the door Doors at 6:30PM Drawing from 7-10PM Prizes provided by …

A presentation on drawing robots

A presentation on drawing robots

The Ottawa Carleton Linux Users’ Group (OCLUG) has invited me to do a presentation on drawing robots and all the open source software (and hardware) …

Cool Russian Party

Cool Russian Party

Laser Fabrication Workshop

Laser Fabrication Workshop

Brita gave a workshop on how to use the laser cutter at ArtEngine last Thursday. I got to meet a few new people from the art …

Ottawa Maker Get-together

Ottawa Maker Get-together

Here’s last weeks ModLab pictures. Blog this! Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share on FriendFeed …

Lost Mitten Mountain

Lost Mitten Mountain

This is in the little park between Rideau Center (Ottawa) and City Hall. Blog this! Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share …

Forgotten Songs by Trevor Sylvain at Atomic Rooster

Forgotten Songs by Trevor Sylvain at Atomic Rooster

“Forgotten Songs” By Trevor Sylvain Feb.15th – Mar.1st Atomic Rooster 303 Bank St. Ottawa, ON Feb 15th – Mar 1st 2012 Website: http://printlives.wordpress.com/ Opening Night Party Feb. 15th at 8pm. A series of works …

City Calls

City Calls

PUBLIC ART OPPORTUNITY FOR ARTISTS: Fire Stations 46 & 47 | APPEL AUX ARTISTES POUR UN PROJET D’ART PUBLIC: Caserne de pompiers 46 et 47 La …

How to ship a cupcake?

How to ship a cupcake?

Apparently it’s game-on for this challenge. I’m personally not ready for the extreme challenge of sending cupcakes by mail to see how well they can survive. But …