The first one came out with the wrong dimensions for some reason.
This time I added some features to make it snap together for fun. I think this isn’t worth it for a one of like this but could sure make things go faster if you are making a log of something.
It was a lot faster to glue together.
What I did was added a “plunge” at the corners to make sure the pieces fit. There was an issue in that the phlatboyz plugin for sketchup didn’t do all the plunge holes. I’m a little puzzled. I just cut out a bit with the dremel where it missed and everything went together okay.
Early this morning I was looking at my CNC mill since the last time I ran it, it started missing steps like mad. It was intermittent.
The problem is on the X-Axis. I’ve already fixed a connection on that axis right after the machine was delivered. I’ll have a look at it tonight.
I have a complete backup electrical system for it so I’ll deploy that (probably a day’s work) if I can’t get to the bottom of it right away. My backup system is a great deal better than the one it came with so I’ll just leave that on it and then use the electrical it came with on another project.